Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wander

I've been so lost in thought for days now. If I have a free moment...or even a moment that shouldn't be free, I am staring off into the distance, letting my thoughts wander into criscrossing patterns and into daydreams. It's like I can paint a picture just with what I'm thinking...I get to create a whole new world in the air. And daydreams are totally under your own control, like a little escape from the moment.

But sometimes, daydreams only manage to highlight the cruelty of reality. My thoughts, when I let them, create what isn't real...sometimes I make up the manifestations of my desires or just what I want. I imagine that it's quite a funny thing to behold, my vacant eyes and a slight grin on my mouth, while I twist the ring on my left hand around and around. There's nothing so pleasant as getting lost in a world that you can imagine, a world of perfect bliss...until you have to come back to Earth. And sometimes then, the perfection contrasts so harshly with reality, it stings. 

So I've been trying to be more realistic in my daydreams. Don't call it impossible, because it really isn't. I just take something that is real, or sort of real, something that is happening in my life, and go from there. It's nice, because there isn't some harsh SNAP into what reality is. 
So that's what I've been up to :)

No comments: