Friday, February 6, 2009

Cliff Faces

"Viruses never really hit us at convenient times."

Convenience doesn't even begin to describe it. I got sick this week, really sick, almost felt like deathly ill at times, still not over it, life altering illness disgustingness. This charming sickness "happened to coincide" not just with my daily life, but with three exams, my tour guide training, classes...it has not been fun, especially the nights when I don't get to sleep because I am coughing so much. 
But if I can be this sick, and still force myself to work hard and do alright...well maybe. Just maybe, I can do anything. 

I guess all of the stuff that has seemed to be an obstacle these past several months (and continuing forward) is making me stronger...which I didn't know I needed but I guess I never asked for my life to be easy. Sometimes I feel like I sign myself up for challenges, like some sort of addiction. And that brings me to my love (or whatever) themed point...sometimes, what we choose, who we choose, is the most difficult choice. There's a saying that you can't help who you like, and I think that that is true to some extent, but I think there is certainly choice involved in who you let drop as a crush and who you truly want in your life for the long haul, and those choices don't always make...sense. I was just talking to one of my best friends, saying how I baffle myself in that I am one of the happiest, most optimistic people I know, yet every boy I have had a vested interest has been so friggin ANGSTY. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not the opposites attract thing, because I def have my stressed and anxious side. It's more of the fact that I like to find the deeper commonalites, which are stronger than how we act on the surface. 

It's just me, asking for more challenges. And that's what I want?

And that's what I want.

No comments: