Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple

Last night, I was talking to a friend and I suddenly burst out saying "Don't you wish life was simple?" She said no, because that would be boring...and I agree. I guess what I meant was that I wish that things worked out more often than they seem to.

If two people like each other, then they should be together.
If you want to do some job or something with all your heart, then you can do it.
If you are friendly and kind, then you are accepted.

But life is..it is what it is. It doesn't always work out the way we ask for...often, it works out in even better ways. Another of my friends has this theory that there is some sort of karma, some sort of balance in the world, like life can be really hard but it balances out somehow. I don't know how true that is, or what I believe...I'm optimistic to a fault, so I think that things will work out for me in the end, somehow. Some people have awful lives, and a lot of that isn't their fault in any way, but some people seem to harden their hearts too much so young and never let anyone in or let anyone open them up, which kind of ruins their own life in a way. I'm determined to not be the cause of my own downfall, to never give up on hope.

That's the plan, anyways.

No comments: