Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stuck

It's Sunday night and I am still in Boston. I love this city, but I was supposed to be home yesterday, and now I am just weary of the "blowing snow mist" and incredibly ready to be home and be away from Logan Airport for a significant amount of time. When my flight got messed up on Saturday, calling my mom was so hard. Leaving the airport was like ripping myself away from what I have been anticipating for so long. Part of why I came to Boston was to get away from my old life, and now I am totally ready to get back to the semblance of it for the holidays. I was trying not to cry all last night, and this morning I actually woke up at 3am to go to the airport to see if there was any surprise availability. There wasn't, and I was so sad..and then all of a sudden, I told myself to get OVER it. I'm not the only one who got stuck in the snowstorm, not by a long shot, and being home a day and a half later isn't really a big deal. I guess I was just not handling disappointment with much maturity. But now I feel better, and I managed to make friends with two security guards and a convenience store worker..thus, all is not a total loss.

I can't say that being home won't be great, though. I can sleep all I want, and hang out with my loyal follower aka my puppy. I'll have time to actually breathe (unlike thanksgiving) and hang out with my friends...and eat my weight in fro yo. And I will come back to Boston, renewed and ready to kick semester 2's ass.
yes.

And the snow is absolutely beautiful....it covers the dirt and concrete and sparkles in the light. It mutes every noise and makes everything seem clean with its stark whiteness. 

And now I'm ready to leave it behind.
California, here I come

No comments: