Saturday, December 6, 2008

Life Alive


I have no energy. I am absolutely drained. This week was very long and ate up all of my energy to begin with, and then last night was Lebanese Night and it was so much running around and dancing, I'm just about the most tired person you're going to meet. The night was so great, though, don't get me wrong...being with genuinely fun people and enjoying my culture. I'm currently cleaning the dorm (SO much laundry) before we head off to a basketball game, then more studying....finals are fast approaching, and I must do well on them. 

I don't have much to write about that is super philosophical, but I am going to write about what's going through my head, which is having FUN. Last night was incredibly fun for me, and I was distracted to the point of being able to relax and laugh and enjoy the night. I don't know if this is true at all for anyone else,  but I sometimes forget to have fun or laugh because I get so focused on my to-do list. But having fun is so important...it makes you realize that life is about experiences and how happy you are, not how perfect or wealthy or succesful you can become. I can't say that I am that much of a "carefree" person but I love laughter and forgetting about my problems sometimes. You can't let the things that make you unhappy rule your life...although that may push you towards a more "perfect" image, how are you truly living if you only work and never enjoy the moment?

So, in these days of finals and stress, don't forget to laugh once in a while. 

No comments: