Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Interim

I am between breaks...and, more importantly, between versions of me. 

Going home for the first time after starting at BU was fun, hectic, exhausting...and really threw me off. Am I two different people? I don't think I am...but I also know that I have changed since beginning college. My views have changed, and I don't see the world or even morality as so incredibly black and white like I did. I loved being home, because I was cramming fun into every piece of my day, but I know that I love Boston and I could never go back to California or to what was for very long. 


I just...I feel as if I have changed, and maybe its that I feel that my relationships have changed. I am sitting here, really having a difficult time putting what I feel into words. I love those that are still in California, but for many of them...it's just different. Our relationships have shifted. Part of it is that I have let go of worrying about what people are doing and realized that everyone makes their own choices, and I can only be myself and be a friend. I apologize if I make zero sense. I guess that I am just saying...I am very much "different from the crowd" on the way I act and in how I see the world, even more so now that I am in college,  and that affects my friendships. But I am happier with the way things are now. 

In other news...HAPPY DECEMBER!!! The Christmas season is so incredible, and I am looking forward to it snowing for me here, as that would just add to the magic. Even with the incredible stress of the end of the semester and all of the school things I have to do, I can't stop being happy that it is this time of year and my life is really good. I can't stop smiling!

1 comment:

laura e. said...

my friend, i don't believe change is not bad, and i would be afraid if shifting at this time in life did not occur! you're probably referring to other people in the blog, but i did notice a change when i finally got to see you: you seemed really happy! from my perspective, you've found a place that you love in boston and from pictures on FACEbook, you look like you're having the time of your life. i am definitely envious, what with being stuck here in T.O. still (currently in a class building, sitting awkwardly next to some guy for a prolonged amount of time because my classes ended way too early) but i wish the best for you! frolic in the snow all you can!!