Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ok....Go!

Motivation.

It's one of those strange, kind of immaterial things...you either have it or you don't, in every situation in your life. I have motivation to do things that will get me absolutely nowhere in my life, like cook for myself instead of microwaving, and motivation to write this blog. Nothing even coming close to important do I have motivation for....I'm one of those people that needs to have an inner change to finally be motivated. I'm incredibly motivated to get good grades this coming semester....not because the pre med department or my mom is telling me to, but because I saw my work and I felt something move within me, that I suddenly knew I needed to work really hard and do my best. 

I think it's also funny to think about what people have motivation for and what they do not. I have friends who are very motivated to have fun but never to do their work, and vice versa...living in the extremes is never good. I also feel like fear, in some ways, can be another form of laziness....you have a fear and are too lazy or unmotivated to take a risk and overcome your fear. Overcoming a fear is definitely an effort, but sometimes I truly wonder how much it will take for some people to let go of all their fears and chase what they truly want....time will tell, I suppose.

No comments: