Thursday, December 18, 2008

Almost

Gosh I love Snow Patrol...buy A Hundred Million Suns, their new album, if you haven't yet. Or I can burn you a copy of course.

Anyways...I'm going to be home on Saturday, for a truly significant amount of time. I can't honestly figure  out how I feel about this. There's excitement mixed with expectations mixed with apprehension mixed with a twinge of sadness. I left California for a reason, but I never expected to love Boston so immensely or to adjust so well, so quickly. I won't have a white Christmas, but the comfort in being around the familiarity of home is nice to anticipate. I traveled farther away from home than almost anyone I know, which is why it's nice to have a roommate in the same situation. I feel like part of the reasoning in being excited to go home is  that home is where we can truly be ourselves and we are most comfortable. But, truly, I feel totally at home right in my dorm at school, and I certainly haven't acted like myself. I guess I continue to be torn as to how to feel, but I am not afraid to admit that I am excited to come home for some relaxing with my oldest friends, if only for a little while.

Like my previous post, I continue to be fascinated with the snow. Tomorrow we are supposed to get a great proper snow, which is exciting for the Christmas season. With my school schedule stretching on so long, I feel like I've been able to have limited participation in the holiday time, which is hands down my favorite time of the year. My mom was telling me about the mini tree she bought, which is unusually festive on her part, so I'm excited to see that. Otherwise, it's just a push to get through my (horrible) calc final, and then some fun here before I ship off to 3 weeks of NOT THINKING in CA. 
I'm seriously looking forward to be able to sleep/eat/laugh etc without thinking about Chem 101 or calculus.... oh joy!

No comments: