Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Always

I am always confused. Not necessarily about something current or pertinent, but I am constantly confused about something. And, as great as wikihow is, it really can't be a manual for life. 

Other words for "confused":
muzzy
befuddled
discombobulated
addled 
flummoxed
nonplussed
at sixes and sevens

Why are all these words so silly, just by the way?

So, I feel this way a lot. Usually it's because of chemistry or the heavy accent of my calculus teacher, but I also get confused about the context of a text message, what someone else is feeling, or about HOW THE FREAKING ABSENTEE REGISTRATION WORKS. Maps confuse me, explanations confuse me, and the fact that there is a man that constantly runs up and down Comm Ave confuses me. I guess I should stop looking for a reason to explain everything, which goes to my actual point...
I think this is just my problem, but in case it isn't...I look for logic behind absolutely everything. I'll tell people that their logic is 
wrong, and when they say that they weren't using logic, it utterly baffles me. Opinion
s should always be supported by evidence. Right? 
Well, I'm still confused by kinetic energy in wave transfers, but now that I've been in college/away from home for a while, I've realized that doing something for no reason is...fine. Not every opinion, or "belief" as Luke says, has to have solid reasoning. Which is really a hard thing for me to absorb, since I have always been such an analytical child. But I'm getting there. Sometimes you just have to have faith in what will happen, or even faith in yourself, no "sensical-ness" involved. Sometimes instinct has a lot of value.

In other news...I'm going to be a sunflower for Halloween! Or, if I look sexy, a sinflower hahaah. But hopefully it will look cute! I can't wait for this week to be over!


No comments: