Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mist

What is it about the rain? All I can do is stare, and think, and be lost in thought. It's not too helpful when I have lots of bio to read and the skies are as gray as the glaze over my eyes right now. There's just something about the mist, the lack of focus in the outside world and in the sky that makes me lose focus in my own life. I am just ready to think about what could be, what is apart from my daily reality. Is that unhealthy, to think about what could be? Maybe I am setting myself up for disappointment. I'm really unsure of myself in that regard. Life has rarely surprised me with it's magic...thus far. 
With the rain comes to me a peaceful sort of sadness...like I am absorbing all the things that I am lacking in my life, and just accepting them. It's not unpleasant at all. I love being inside when it is raining. The light is beautiful and it smells amazing and the air is so clean. In the best way, it's like this purifying kind of thing. Spring rain has done well by me. 
So. Beautiful, misty day....keep my spirits up. 

No comments: