Saturday, March 28, 2009

I just had a rant in my brain and I figured that I would post it on here and hopefully get it out of my system. I was at a party last night, as I am every weekend it seems. Parties can be really fun, and this particular one was nice because the girl to guy ratio wasn't so incredibly skewed like they can be at frat parties. It's a silly observation, really, but that's besides the point.

My rant is such.
If a girl goes to a party, I guy SHOULD be allowed to dance all up on her. Without asking.
Also, if she doesn't flat out reject him or they dance for more than a few minutes, he is allowed to expect that he can kiss her. 
Or put his hands all over her.
And if she protests, he can just leave abruptly and label her a bitch in the process. And the guy just leaving like that? While typical, it makes the girl feel like crap. Even just for a split second. 

Plenty of girls will contradict me that any of this is a problem. They say it doesn't bother them, it's just how it is, blah blah. Well you know what? I may be "unusual" but I am calling their bluff. No way does it not bother you. If you didn't want to get danced with, you'd forgo the makeup and hair routine, you'd wear baggy clothes, you wouldn't go out. It's a little bit of confidence if a guy finds your ass so appealing that he wants to grind up all in that. Whatever, I never said that college parties were classy. They are what they are. I take them for that.

But I don't think that they are free license for a guy to be a douchebag, and then have it be EXCUSED because "we're at a party." Women are precious. They should be treasured. Maybe, at 19, no one can recognize that yet. It's about sex and quick satisfaction. Call me a prude or a crazy womens rights-er or whatever you want, I am the last person on earth to care about public opinion. I just think that a guy who is all about sticking his tongue down whoever offers or even doesn't offer...isn't who I'm all about being around. Maybe I am limiting myself, especially being a freshman in college...most guys are wanting hookups at parties, even if they are good guys outside that. I am not looking for some marriage proposal. It just doesn't appeal to me. I mean, my roommate even said "Look, a guy who is gonna make out with you at a party is NOT gonna call you."

Well that's crap. 
Be a man. Or accept that you suck. 
That's my piece. Oh and I am in no way an angry person. I am about to go frolic in the sun. :)

1 comment:

hαnnαh said...

I LOVE THAT LAST SENTENCE.
I agree. not that I've been to a college party, but what you're describing is true, right down to the wish for younger women to respect themselves more.
I see it in high school now; I would have hoped that attitudes might have changed by college, but I guess not :)