Sunday, November 2, 2008

redux

I know I already wrote about friendships...I said a lot about carefully choosing who you surround yourself with in regards to the effect they can have on you, but I never said anything about how they can make you feel. Happy is definitely important, and content is amazing. Having a friend requires more than just the feeling of happiness when you are hanging out, though. If you are hurt by a friend, not necessarily intentionally but because of carelessness or blindness to your feelings, be wary. I have had friends who didn't see what they were doing to me, and I don't blame them, but I also am wary of how much of my heart I give to them. So I just wanted to add that to the previous post. And I am grateful, of course, to my friends who have ALWAYS supported me and constantly contradict me when I have low self confidence...they're keepers.

In other news...I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween (weekend). I had some fun going dancing with my lovely friendlies. And gosh it is getting QUITE cold up here in Boston, currently it is 40 degrees outside, so I am VERRRY slowly adjusting to that. I wear a lot of layers, basically, and hope my face doesn't completely freeze solid with the windchill.  But I can't lie and say that I'm not still completely in love with Boston...it's my city, and I love it here.

No comments: