Friday, April 16, 2010

Music for the Melancholy Soul

There's this song, by Will Cookson, called Dead Poets.
Look him up. Look this song up. If anything, look the lyrics up.

"With songs to live by and maintain a heavy heart
There's music for the melancholy soul
But mothers and lovers smiling in the park
Know something you don't"

If I had to choose one song to narrate, soundtrack, and be the description for the movie of my life, this would be it. It's not overtly happy, though neither does it slam you with realism. It has my name and my favorite mindset (dreamy) right in it. It's got it all.

Here I am, summing up a life that cannot be summed up. I plan to never write my conclusion, and I certainly plan to never annotate or summarize or even abbreviate the joys and the deep sorrow.
But, if I must package that all up, then I choose this for the packaging.

No comments: