Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sparks

I LOVE realizations...I am absolutely the most oblivious person you will ever meet, so when I finally put things together that were apparently very obvious to others...well, I'm totally excited. 

To me, a lot of love is made up of realizations. Even in long term relationships, marraiges, partnerships, realizations are...or should be, there all the time. Each day, perhaps we realize that we love the other person for some new reason. Or there's a realization that feelings have changed, but not necessarily in a bad way, just that change is there and love can still exist amidst that. Whatever the realization, I think they are so important. They are "magic" we can still access in this day and age. The most magical of these moments, is, of course, when we realize that we are cared about or loved or desired....that has to be one of the best feelings in the world. As I said in the previous post, I have very little experience with all of this love business, but from what I know+my "wisdom"+the very many tidbits I have garnered from friends over the years, I know that this feeling is incredible. It's like being on top of the world but with a warm feeling behind it that doesn't fade very easily. Even if things don't go well with the person, their desire for you at some point still remains. 

And that, as my roommate would say, is just very nice. 

No comments: